Activities at First Universalist
"The central task of the religious community is to unveil the bonds that bind each to all. There is a connectedness, a relationship discovered amid the particulars of our own lives and the lives of others. ... The religious community is essential, for alone our vision is too narrow to see all that must be seen, and our strength too limited to do all that must be done. Together, our vision widens and our strength is renewed." -- Mark Morrison Reed
Are you new to the area? To the church? Have you been attending, for months or years, and want to get roots more firmly planted in our community? Is there a particular area of interest you are ready to become engaged in?
- Make connections through one of our affinity groups in the box at right.
- Use our church calendar to find special interest groups and events that might i nterest you. Click on the link for each group or event to learn more about it.
- Learn about our upcoming services here.
- Share in images from our special events during the year, gathered at our Facebook page.
- See the Faith in Action social justice groups.
- See the Worship section for deeper self-reflective and spiritual connections, including online sermons.
- If you want to stay in touch with what is happening at First Universalist on a regular basis: Facebook is for ongoing news, Twitter is for ongoing headlines, CyberCoffeehour is for ongoing chat. Find our online Liberal newsletter here.
“In this Unitarian Universalist faith tradition, we talk about God as love…that there is one creative, loving source we all spring from…And we are in this thing together: one human family, one planet, one shared destiny.... Our job is to make that real in the world –- to live and act from that deep knowing.”
-- Rev. Justin Schroeder